Rajendra College: Established on the 3rd of July 1944, the college was first known as Rajendra Intermediate College, and was affiliated to Utkal University. In 1946, the college upgraded itself and began eliciting Bachelor’s Degrees in Arts. By 1966, the college started to offer full fledged Bachelors of Science and Commerce degrees. In 1967, it fell under the aegis of Sambalpur University. Over the years the college has expanded its base considerably. It currently produces over 500 graduates and 150 post graduate students every year, and has over 80 professors in its payroll. In April 2002, it was awarded the status of an autonomous university by the University Grants Commission.
Dalaganjan Press: The Dalaganjan Press was established by Maharaja Rajendra Narayan Singh Deo in the1930’s. During his reign it printed the Patna Deepika and the Patna State Gazette, besides housing a handmade paper industry in its premises. Post independence, the press was taken over by the Orissa State Government, and continued to print official documents of the state. The press functioned in the district of Bolangir until the late 1990’s.
Koshal Kalamandal: In 1946, the Koshal Kalamandal, an imposing structure with a large stage was set up as the cultural centre for the people by Maharaja Rajendra Narayan Singh Deo. For over seventy years, the Kalamandal has served to be the nucleus of all cultural activities in the district of Bolangir. The annual Lok Utsava continues to be conducted at the Koshal Kalamandal, apart from the several public meetings of the local governing institutions that it holds.
X ray unit: The praja of Maharaja Rajendra Narayan Singh Deo were the privileged populace that received in their hometown the first X ray machine that was ever to operate in the state of Orissa. Brought in by the Maharaja in the year 1933, the facilities were availed of by the people of Bolangir and several other peripheral villages. The X Ray Machine is still housed at Bolangir, at the office of the Chief District Medical Officer.
Saradeswari Ayurvedic Hospital: Established in the 1930’s, the Saradeswari Ayurvedic Hospital has grown from strength to strength, and stands today at Bolangir with as many as 30 doctors offering their services. The hospital established a medicine production unit at the time of the Maharaja, and continues to provide succor to the people of the district of Bolangir.